Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Playlist Wednesdays

Wednesdays are for playlists!!! Here are some of my favorites this week!



1. Kalai, On My Mind: First time I heard this song I said, "Are you kidding me?" He isn't kidding guys... this song is real.

2. James Taylor, Mexico: James James James. I can imagine him babysitting my future kids. He'll be sitting in my living room with his guitar, and my pajama-clad kids with curly hair will be dancing around with egg shakers when I come home.

3. Ben Kweller, Penny on a Train Track: This song makes me think of driving to the beach.. and I don't even know why... it's not even a beach-y track... and I don't think I ever listened to it on the way to the beach in my life.

4. The Script, Man Who Can't be Moved: Cute and Catchy... plus they all have hottt Scottish accents in real life. (I think)

5. Vampire Weekend, California English: Hey! I'm from California! These guys epitomize cool. One of those songs you can dance to without any dancing skills.

6. Belle and Sebastian, If She Wants Me: This band is in my top five for sure. This makes me think of getting high and riding a bicycle at the same time... not that I would ever get high... but I can ride a bike!

7. Mickey and Sylvia, Love is Strange: Ahhhh Dirty Dancing! This song is from my favorite part. Baby's fabulous high waisted shorts and keds are the highlight of the scene. Miss you Pat!

8. Jeremy Adamiak, Paperback Novel: Jeremy is super cool, trust me, I know him. I remember him playing this song at a beach bonfire once. I'm craving a bonfire right now actually... good thing there's snow on the ground.

9. Bob Dylan, Rolling Stone: I feel so legit when I listen to Dylan. I think Adam Sandler looks like him a little bit. But I have yet to meet someone who agrees with me on that one.

10. Simon and Garfunkel, the 59th Street Bridge Song: "Hello lamp post, watcha knowin'?" There aren't many real lamp posts in Provo, but the next time I come across one, I'll say it. S&G are also top 5 for me.

11. Colbie Caillat, Fallin' For You: I was one of her early myspace followers, back in the days when all her recordings were done in her bathtub. When I heard bubbly, I decided to teach myself guitar. Thanks Colbie!

12. Frank Sinatra, Let's Fall in Love: Frankie.... I love you. Who needs a date on Valentines day when you have an old Sinatra record to keep you company?

13. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, American Girl: Legendary. I adore Tom Petty. I thought I saw him in a record store once... it probably wasn't him... but I told all my friends it was.

14. Vanessa Carlton, White Houses: Dang good song. Vanessa Carlton makes me think of sleepovers and middle school.

15. The Weepies, Gotta Have You: Put it on repeat and it will annoy the crap out of your roommates, but I LOVE IT. The most darling song ever written. I could sing it forever and ever and ever.

16. Jason Reeves, Reaching: The guy behind all of Colbie Caillat's songs. He's so underrated. A great song writer, and a great song.

17. Stephen Speaks, Passenger Seat: I don't know Stephen, or if he's speaking, but I'll bet he made all the girls swoon when he was in high school.

18. John Legend, So High: Oh boy... I think I'm being seduced.

LISTEN TO THESE SONGS. They are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment